£214.95 inc VAT
Built for the harshest conditions, our Munro Jacket is a waterproof, windproof and highly breathable 2-layer hard shell.
Tough, abrasion-resistant fabrics and rugged reinforcements make this, our flagship jacket, the first-choice for mountain rescue teams, tactical forces and expedition climbers around the world.
SDP Condensation Control
Our unique SDP system means you can stay dry inside your jacket, even if you’re fighting through the worst conditions
This is one of our most popular and trusted items. It continues to be used for some of the most challenging expeditions worldwide!
Full of Features
The Munro has a wide variety of useful features from a removable snow skirt to reinforced panels, there’s no skimping here!
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable mountain jacket
- System Dual Protection (SDP) technology
- Generous Explorer Fit allows for cold-weather layering
- Four-way adjustable rollaway hood with protective wired peak
- Chin guard for comfort
- Neck baffle with one-handed drawcord adjustment
- Two-way front zipper with double storm-flap, hook-and-loop closure and snap fasteners
- Two large, zipped chest pockets protected by storm-flaps
- Two lower zipped pockets, fleece lined with stormflaps
- Internal zipped pocket, sized to take an OS map
- Secure media pocket
- Reinforced shoulder panels for extra durability
- Underarm ventilation zips with double storm-flaps
- Articulated sleeves for unrestricted freedom of movement
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs
- Long scooped back for extra protection
- Detachable inner snow skirt
- Locking shock-cord adjusters at the neck, waist and hem
Adventure Travel Magazine – “Great all round winter jacket – 5 stars.”
The Keela Munro has gained legendary status in the Adventure Travel office over the last 12 years. We’ve used this jacket on a hike across Iceland, climbing high peaks in the Alps and the Himalaya and walks in all terrains and conditions.
Not as warm as an insulated ski jacket but far warmer than a standard waterproof jacket, the Munro is a genuine go anywhere do anything item of clothing that comes with great breathability and it dries out quickly when wet. It’s got every feature you need and then some – snow skirt, useful pockets and a great wired hood – and would be spot on for winter mountaineering, skiing, boarding, hiking etc. Great all round winter jacket – 5 stars.
OE Magazine – “makes an excellent option if you’re after one really well specced jacket for year-round use”
The Munro has a very sound pedigree, having become the jacket of choice for a number of mountain rescue teams in the UK. It’s not that light as it’s packed full of features, one of which is a dual protection system.
Combine this with a highly wickable liner to improve breathability and you have a jacket that can be used pretty much year round unless you’re in especially warm conditions. There are all the essential features you’d expect on any serious bit of mountain wear.
The Munro also has a really nice fit, feels just ‘right’ when you’re wearing it and makes an excellent option if you’re after one really well specced jacket for year-round use.
Neil Cudlipp – “Thanks for producing a jacket that will give me years of fun and could save my life!”
I have recently bought a Keela Munro jacket from the Camouflage Shop in Paignton Devon England. This jacket is brilliant; it has classic technical features as well as up to the minute state of the art features and materials. I love it.
I couldn’t find another jacket anywhere near this quality or design from the other top brands. You seem to be the leaders in Europe of kit that is top quality, practical, technical and reliable. Thanks for producing a jacket that will give me years of fun and could save my life!
The Independent- “waterproof, warm and versatile”
It’s sturdily waterproof, with rugged features including double storm flaps over the central zip, a huge protective chin guard and an excellent hood with a wired peak… there’s no doubt this is a waterproof, warm and versatile jacket designed for tough conditions.